Our welding capabilities include:
- Steel: GMAW-pulsed, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW
- Stainless Steel: GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW
- Aluminum: GMAW-pulsed, GTAW square wave
- Titanium: GTAW
Welding Inspection Capabilities:
- Visual Inspection - certified AWS-CWI
- Liquid Penetrant - certified ASNT-TC-1A Level II
- Magnetic Particle: certified ASNT-TC-1A Level II
GTAW or TIG welding is primarily used in small fabrications and assemblies on stainless steel and aluminum, where a high degree of finish quality is needed. An example of this application would be brushed stainless steel medical research racks.
GMAW or MIG welding is used in the joining of large items or structures. We use only dual power source Miller pulse welders to assure exceptional penetration and a superior appearing weld. Our personnel have extensive experience in holding tight tolerances during the welding process by controlling distortion. This is accomplished by planning, weld sequence, pre stressing parts at fit-up, and post weld stress relief.
All welders either are or can be certified to meet your requirements. All welding at K&T is monitored by an AWS certified welding inspector to assure applicable code compliance and weld quality.
Click on the Images below to Enlarge